Thursday, January 16, 2014

Watsapp and other apps on Ironport

Well Ironport has always been a pain in our daily life at IIIT Allahabad and especially more to the ones that have been using Watsapp and other such things for a long time.
It was only this winter that I really started feeling the need for it in my day to day life. After cracking it after an hour of mental duress, I came to know that some of my friends have already done the same a long time ago. However, here goes to the ones still searching.
There are two simple steps:
1) Root your phone.
    Now many might object to this, as rooting is considered quite wrong and dangerous by many. Though          worry not, if you do install apps from legal sources, there won't be many chances of root access by others.    Also, if it was meant to happen it will happen whether you root it or not.
        For my fellow xolo q800 owners out there, the simplest process is as outlined,
        http://androidroot.in/how-to-root-xolo-q800/
2) Install Autoproxy Lite or ProxyDroid
   The first was the way I went , so here's the link, its pretty easy to set up.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mgranja.autoproxy_lite&hl=en


Side Note: My friend Sameer commented that Droid VPN can be used without rooting the phone. I haven't tried it out. If someone does, please tell me the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment